Nortel Networks Ltd London, Telecommunications Headquarters, New Southgate, London.
I was commissioned by the Building Control Department to check fire safety strategy, building design, construction and commissioning of this £35m office and telecommunications complex. I was responsible for checking means of escape, compartmentation, fire detection and alarms, fire suppression systems, cause and effect schedules, emergency lighting and signage, witnessing commissioning tests and verifying practical completion in terms of fire safety. Architect: Tebbot and Wells, High Wycombe, Bucks. Fire Consultant: IFC Ltd, Princes Risborough, Bucks.
Client: Building Control Dept, London Borough of Barnet.
High technology units by Akeler Developments
I have carried out comprehensive fire risk assessments on several leading-edge prestigious multi-storey office and high technology units designed by architects Aukett Ltd for Akeler Developments Ltd . The risk assessments covered building construction (especially the use of sandwich panels), building contents, fire stopping and cavity barriers, fire detection and alarm systems, security, use of alarm receiving centres, internal and external fire fighting facilities and means of escape. The buildings in Scotland and in England, have been assessed for fire risk to life and property.
- Central Quay in Hydepark Street, Glasgow. A four-storey office building with underground car park
- Reading International, Phases 1 & 2, Basingstoke Road, Reading, Berks. Comprises a main building and a circular amenity block
- Marlow International, Parkway, Marlow, Bucks. A four-storey office complex
- High Technology Units C, D & E, Phase 4 of Hamilton International Technology Park, Nr Glasgow
- One Thames Valley, Wokingham Rd, Bracknell. A three-storey prestigious office building
- Visteon Phase 1, Southend Arterial Road, Basildon, Essex. A three-storey prestigious office building.
Client: Akeler Developments Ltd, LondonShare